A song Waialua High to thee,
A song our full hearts raise,
A song of love and gratitude,
A song to tell thy praise.
For heart must sing when love is there,
And pride and faith are strong,
So hear our music while we raise,
Our tribute hymn, our song.
To do our best to be loyal be,
To honor thy bright name,
To bear thy word of truth far out,
To other lives our aim.
To cherish friends to seek the good,
And ever true to be,
We pledge our lives, our hearts, our souls,
Waialua, now to thee.
Waialua High and Intermediate School was once known as a one room school called, Mokuleia School, in 1914. Later in 1927, it was named the Andrew E. Cox Junior High School in memory of the benefactor who gave the 15 acre tract of land on which Waialua High and Intermediate now stands. There were 380 students and a faculty of 15 teachers.
In 1937, the intermediate school was enlarged to include a senior high school division and the school was renamed Waialua High and Intermediate School. By 1950, the school enrollment reached 745 students with a staff of 30 teachers.
Waialua High and Intermediate was never known as a highly privileged school. Coming from an economically disadvantaged agricultural community for granted. Since 1914, WHIS has served the student of the Waialua, Haleiwa, Mokuleia, Pupukea and Kawailoa communities. The school has come a long way from one room instituton it began as, involving into a 15 - acre school with both junior and senior divisions. However, the school has suffered a string of hardships in recent years, ranging from yearly drop in student enrollment to budget cuts. In spite of all that, it is the heart and pride of the school in each and every student, staff members and alumnus that makes WHIS what it is today.